Multiple choice questions are better known as MCQs are questions that provide respondents with multiple answers. A multiple-choice question is composed of two parts: A question statement or a problem statement that identified the question. Afterward, a set of possible answers is provided. Of these answers, one is the best answer to the question while others might look tenable but are incorrect answers to the question.
Parts of Multiple Choice Questions
A multiple-choice question comprises of problem statement or question that is also known as stem, correct answers, and the distractors.
- Stem or Question/Statement: It is the problem or statement that introduces the problem. Sometimes an incomplete statement might be included.
- Correct answer: This is the relevant answer to the question.
- Distractors: These are incorrect answers that might look relevant to the actual answer, while in fact, they are not.
MCQs usually have 3 distractors and one correct answer.
Sometimes multiple-choice questions involve 4 distractors with one correct answer.
MCQ.net provides multiple-choice questions on Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, English, Computers, Operating systems, coding, Physics, Chemistry, Science, General Knowledge, and current affairs.
What prefix comes after kilo, mega, giga:
Correct answer: 3. Tera
Number of Stars on American Flag
The nuumber of Stars on American Flag are:
Correct answer: 2. 50
First sport played on moon was
First sport played on moon was:
Correct answer: 3. Golf
Explanation: In 1971, Apollo 14 astronaut Alan Shepard swung a makeshift 6-iron on the moon’s surface — and missed the ball. However his second swing connected and the golf ball travelled miles.
Symbol for Iron is
Symbol for Iron is:
Correct answer: 2. FeThe Iron is chemical element with symbol Fe and atomic number 26. Given below are some important properties and features of iron:
- Symbol: Fe
- Atomic mass: 55.845 u
- Atomic number: 26
- Electron configuration: [Ar] 3d64s2
- Melting point: 1,538 °C
- Density: 7.874 g/cm³ (near room temperature)
- Electrons per shell: 2, 8, 14, 2
The country with longest coastline in world is
The country with longest coastline in world is:
Correct answer: 2. Canada
Canada has the longest coastline worldwide. It measures an immense 125, 567 miles or 202, 080 kilometers.
Besides Canada, Indonesia’s coastline measures 61,567 miles or 99,083 kilometers.
Norway’s coastline secures third spot with 36,122 miles or 58,133 kilometers.
The fourth spot is secured by Russia that has coastline of 23,396 miles or 37,653 kilometers.
The largest country in the world in terms of land area is
The largest country in the world in terms of land area is:
Correct answer: 2. Russia
Top 5 Countries in World on the basis of Land area are:
|Sr. no||Country||Total. Area|
The world smallest country in terms of land area is
The world smallest country in terms of land area is:
- San Marino
- Cook Islands
Correct answer: 1. Monaco
Of the given list, Monaco is the smallest country in terms of land area. With a total area of 2.1 km2 (0.81 sq mi), it is the second-smallest sovereign state in the world, after Vatican City.
Worlds highest waterfall is located in
Worlds highest waterfall is located in:
Correct answer: 3. Venezuela
Top 5 Highest Waterfalls in world
|Name||Location||Source/River||Height in feet||Height in meters|
|Angel (Salto Angel)||Canaima Nat’l Park, Venezuela||upper trib. of Rio Caroni||3,212 ft||979 m|
|Tugela||Natal Nat’l Park, South Africa||Tugela River||3,110 ft||947 m|
|Utigord (Utigordsfoss)||Norway||glacier fed||2,625 ft||800 m|
|Monge (Mongefoss)||Marstein, Norway||Mongebeck||2,540 ft||774 m|
|Gocta Cataracts||Chachapoyas, Peru||2,532 ft||771 m|
Any angle less than 90° is
Any angle less than 90° is:
- Acute angle
- Obtuse angle
- Straight angle
- Zero angle
Correct answer: 1. Acute angle
Types of Angles
- Acute angle: Any angle less than 90°
- Central angle: An angle whose vertex is located at the center of the circle and whose sides are radii
- Complementary angles: Angles whose measures have a sum equal to 90°
- Inscribed angle: Angle in a circle whose vertex is located on the circle and whose sides are chords
- Obtuse angle: Any angle greater than 90°
- Right angle: An angle equal to 90°
- Straight angle: An angle measured equal to 180°
- Supplementary angles: Angles whose measures have a sum equal to 180°
- Zero angle: An angle measured equal to 0°
World Largest Animal is
World Largest Animal is:
- Green anaconda
- African bush elephant
- Saltwater crocodile
- Blue Whale
Correct answer: 4. Blue Whale
Blue whale is the largest living animal in world.
- APPROX POPULATION: 10,000-25,000 individuals
- WEIGHT: Close to 200 tons
- LENGTH: 80-100 feet
- SCIENTIFIC NAME: Balaenoptera musculus
- Decibel reach: 188 decibels